Sunday, August 16, 2009

this is the AM view i have had every morning now for 5 glorious days on the Puget Sound, WA. a friend of friend allowed my friend Lisa and i to stay in their little, new, bungalow built atop a 3 boat garage. (they call it the Taj Garage). it's so beautiful, and quiet (except for a few crows and an occasional boat passing). it's our summer vacation ~ and that it is. while here, besides running over to Walmart too much, we have kayaked out to Hope Island, slept in every morning, sat on the porch and watch the tide change from in to out, read a good book or two, done our nails and then ate a whole lot of good food and fresh blackberries picked from the front yard. it's a delicious time to be alive. we are headed to the OR coast tomorrow, then over to Eugene after a few days to visit April, Nick and my Mason. i'm sad to leave.

2 comments:

Holly M. said...

hey julie! I have always wanted to visit the puget sound. you have taken great photos to capture the moment. loved looking at them. sounds sooo relaxing...sort of like lake powell. have a great vaca! luv, Holly

Sarah Bailey said...

Wow - all these blogs that you've been hiding from me! I need your address so I can send you last years Christmas card :) I'm excited to read up on your life. Love the pictures I've seen so far!

Sarah